- 12 Things White People Can Do No Because Ferguson - Because a lot of times it's easier to dump a bucket of ice on yourself for a rare disease than know how to confront racism if you benefit from it.
- How mandatory cameras on police can change a community.
- Superhumanization bias and how it got Mike Brown killed.
- It's Incredibly Rare for a Grand Jury to do what Ferguson's Just Did - No, this is not just "what happens" in Grand Jury proceedings-- racism was definitely at play, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
- A former police chief explains why he backs Ferguson Protesters.
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from Birmingham Jail
Is it a downer? Absolutely. But it is millions of times worse for the people actually living it, and you make the world better by being aware of what's going on. I'm not going to tuck racism and ignorance into bed for the holiday, and neither should you.
I hope to someday be thankful for a system that minimizes abuse of authority. I hope to be thankful for an end to systemic racism. I hope to be thankful that corrupt cops can be held accountable and their victims can get justice. I hope to be thankful for an end to the biases that cause people to think black people are more violent or superhumanly/animalistically strong. I hope to be thankful for an end to the murderers of children walking free.
I hope to be thankful for a society that recognizes that order means nothing without justice.