Ari from Comics & Cookies nominated me for another Liebster award. This is a fun little way to get to know other bloggers that's been around for years, and I've been tagged a few times (and I've outgrown the 200 follower limit), but it's always a really fun way to not only get to know me, but other bloggers I love. Thanks so much Ari! And also sorry it's taken forever!
How does this tag work?
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions your nominator asks you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, preferably with 200 followers or fewer.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Notify all your nominees!
Here are Ari's questions for me!
- What’s your favourite film? It's a three-way tie! Amelie, a French film that probably best encapsulates how my mind works, and is one of a few movies I consider to be a perfect film. Also Pleasantville, another really beautiful film that I consider perfect, that is both artistically phenomenal, and full of commentary on human nature. And third, Spike Jonze's Her which is the most recent of the three. I adore the point of view it has on love and growing apart, as well as the dramatic shift it represents in how film discusses futuristic technology.
- If you could go into any video game ‘world’ what would it be and why? Oh god, this is hard because I'm really not a gamer. I think I'd love to be in the world of Pokemon, but only up through like, Gold/Silver. I feel like the pokeuniverse just went waaaay off the rails after that and just got more and more ridiculous.
- If money was no object, what’s the first thing you would buy? Is it really boring to say a really nice apartment/brownstone? That's such a lame and responsible choice, but it probably would be the first thing I'd do. Real estate is a great investment and I'd love to be as out of the NY apartment game as possible without actually leaving New York. Plus, I don't know, I always fantasize about having a nice place to live with hardwood floors and a spacious dining room.
- Baths or showers? On the regular I prefer showers, but baths are a really nice escape every once in a while-- and I'm way too into bath bombs.
- What’s your favourite take-away? I had to double-check my Britishisms to be sure, but Ari's asking about take-out food. I think it's probably Chinese food, but I also love pollo a la brasa or Peruvian Chicken.
- Tea or coffee? I think coffee, but there are a couple teas from my childhood that put me in a great place mentally.
- If you could see any band or musician, alive or dead, who would it be and why? This is a toughie. I saw Stromae live last year and he was amazing, a true artist. But I also really want to see Ke$ha live, because everyone I know who ever saw her live totally had the greatest time of their lives. I don't see a ton of live concerts (I do the live theater grind instead) so I don't contemplate this often. I'd also just about die to go to an Alexander Rybak concert. So let's go with Alexander Rybak, since I feel like he'd be the hardest to see in concert since I live in the US.
- What’s your all-time favourite book? To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Close seconds: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli.
- Would you ever go sky-diving? No no no no no no no. I don't even do roller coasters, there is no way I'd skydive.
- What would be your dream holiday? A summer in Sweden and Norway! I think maybe I can save up for that trip by the time I'm 30. I'd love to travel through the mountains and see all the art. And the fashion! I just really would love to be exposed to more Scandinavian design.
- Have you met anyone famous? I went through several of my famous people meetings in a fairly recent 5 Fandom Friday post, but to my memory the full list of famous people I've met (excluding some non-mainstream Broadway folks) include Dulé Hill, Stephenie Meyer (I was a really big Twi-Hard when I was like 14), Arthur Darvill, The original cast of Glee including Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Jenna Ushkowitz, Cory Monteith, Mark Salling, and Amber Riley.... I think that's it.
That's it for me. Now I'm gonna nominate some buddies. I'm pretty positive some of them are past 200 followers, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I suppose.
- christa lei says
- For The Bae
- Joie Fatale
- Stephy Young
- Aint No Damsels Here
- Synthpop Circus
- The Geeky Burrow
- Gone Catawumpus
My questions for the nominees.
- What movie best captures how you see the world?
- Is there anything you really loved as a kid that you really dislike now?
- What's something you wish you knew earlier?
- What do you hope to be doing when you meet the person you next fall in love with (or for those currently in love, what were you doing)?
- What do you like to do when it rains?
- What do you dream about?
- What game/reality competition show do you think you'd be the most fun to watch on?
- What game/reality competition show do you think you'd have a decent shot at winning?
- What pokemon are you?
- What are some of your favorite song lyrics?
- What songs/artists/composers would make up the movie soundtrack of your life?