- Finishing putting together my new room in my apartment in Williamsburg (Virginia, not the hip area of Brooklyn). Making a space my own is such a great feeling.
- Making a hilariously out-there mini-music video to pitch myself to employers.
- Destroying Lily and Julian on our road trip to Philly by dragging them into the world of contemporary musical theater by way of Next to Normal, and Heathers.
- Meeting Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt in real life!!
- Seeing Fly By Night 3 times at Playwrights Horizons. I was there for the closing performance and was able to steal a quick chat with all of the cast members. Adam Chanler-Berat told me that he wants me to keep writing. If you ever get a chance to see a production of this beautiful show, please do.
- Making wonderful friends over the summer in New York. Kristin, my roommate at FIT, and my fellow interns Sarah and Amelia! They are such wonderful people and I'm so glad to have them in my life.
- Eating a Chang Dog in this East Village speakeasy my boss got us into. You don't know joy until you have a premium hot dog spiral wrapped in bacon, deep-fried and topped with sour kimchi.
- Seeing Heathers twice.
- Reading Queen Mindy's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
- Introducing Lily to the glory of Once.
- Starting the #OddHoneySwap so people could get snail mail and make new friends.
- Staying with my girl Annie over Winter Break for a little while. I love her so much.
- Pork Belly Parties with Jasmin, Julian, and my cousin Caroline.
- Becoming little brother's big sister during the FASA Exec Retreat. SIBLINGZ FO LIFE!
- Falling into the deep dark hole that is Monster High fandom. And dragging my housemates in with me. (*evil laughter*)
- Visiting the Museum of Sex with Sarah and Kristin. We had so much fun at the sexual carnival exhibit (Funland)!
- Living my Miss Congeniality dreams by participating in William & Mary SASA & Lambda Alliance's Diversity Pageant, where I was asked in the Interview Portion to "describe [my] ideal date." Which of course is April 25th, because it's not to hot and it's not too cold. All you need is a light jacket. (Little brother Julian was crowned King of the Diversity Pageant!)
- Seeing Stromae perform live in DC. What a talented artist! Seriously, he is crazy good.
- Making pajama pants for my little brother over Spring Break.
- Making a very bad-ass book clutch out of a book-like box at Homegoods for Jasmin's Dipper Pines Cosplay. Seriously you guys, it was a piece of ART.
Thanks to @HarperYi for the bling!! pic.twitter.com/wtoP5A80Zw
— Adam Chanler-Berat (@ChandelierBeret) July 1, 2014
As a reminder, I'm raising money to help make more birthdays happen by fighting cancer! Please consider donating even as little as $2!